23rd March 2018 - Queens Beach Tourist Village's new exciting project involves installing a resort style swimming pool with wheelchair access, a water slide and flush fitting water play facilities for guests of all abilities.
Recently announced Tourism Recovery funds, available as a result of Cyclone Debbie and courtesy of the federal and state governments will be used towards:
* Installing a resort-style pool with shallow entry area and wheelchair accessible ramp
* Installing a water slide
* Installing flush fitting water play facilities for guests of all abilities and
* Purchasing a water-friendly wheelchair that can be used to access the water play area and pool.
The project will increase low and shoulder season visitors to balance the seasonality of the tourism business.
Overall the project aims to:
* Attract a new and growing market to Bowen outside of the main peak season extending the main tourist season.
* Offer a new and affordable family destination for families from neighbouring regional areas
* Enhance the tourist and visitor experience
* Encourage visitors to stay longer, spending more money locally and
* Increase the commercial viability of Queens Beach Tourist Village and Bowen's local businesses
We hope to start the project in October after the 2018 domestice tourist season has finished. Watch this space